Saturday, January 19, 2008

A different part of the swamp

Well, I'm in a real mess now, and this time I can't blame it on the Agees.

I've got a Lucy Herold married to a James Hardin in Randolph Co., MO. Problem is, I can't figure out whether she's married to James W., son of Colden Hardin and Margaret Jones., b. 1840, or James H., son of Benjamin Hardin and Sarah Hubbard, b. 1841. (Yes, Colden and Benjamin are brothers, sons of James Hardin and Sarah Williams.)

Plus, I have a Frederick John Brandt, who appears to be the son of Charles H. Brandt and Mary Feaker, b. 1868, and a Frederick W. Brandt, who seems to be the son of Herman Brandt and Christine Karff, also b. 1868. One of them--I think Frederick W.--married Nellie Musick, niece of my great-grandfather John Smith Musick II. There are a bunch of Brandts living in Chariton Co. in the last half of the 19th century, obviously related to judge from the naming patterns (2 Fredericks, 4 Charleses, 3 Williams).

I think I have them figured out, but it's going to take a while to untangle the James Hardins.

0 comments: