Sunday, June 8, 2008

Apologies

I've been neglecting this blog shamefully. The truth is that genealogy is one of those things I do in spurts. Since I do a lot of work online, I find that if I go 4-6 months between spurts, that's enough time for new information to turn up on my favorite sites.

I want so much to go to my mother's hometown to do some actual on-site research--the local historical and genealogical societies, county records, newspaper records. It's only a few hours drive, but my 1992 Dodge Caravan is not really anything I want to do highway driving with, bless its little heart. But I just came into a little money--not a lot, but it might be enough to finance a trip. So I'm thinking of renting a car, boarding the dogs, finding a place to stay--I think there are some B&Bs nearby-- and driving over to spend maybe 3 or 4 days with my laptop and camera and travel drive. And maybe some photos--I think I still have kin there, and maybe someone could identify some of these people for me.

0 comments: